Washington Hockey Talk
Al Hrimason |
"My Suggestion to the Lockout"|
30-Jan-05, 07:04 PM (EDT)
1. 75% tax on team salaries over $30M and under $25M.|
2. Maximum salaries set at $5M and mimimum salaries at$.5M. All rookies get a flat 3 year minimum salary with no bonuses.
3. 25% revenue sharing on gate receipts and tv/radio revenue.
4. Any player clearing waivers gets the lessor of 25% of his salary or $.5M in the minors.
5. Reduce the league by 4 teams.
6. Reduce the number of players to 17 skaters, 2 goalies, and 2 spares.
7. All bonuses are to be standardized and paid by the league. (i.e. top 10 in MVP voting, top 10 goal scorer, etc.)
8. Allow arbitration anytime. Each party would submit a contract. The arbitrator would pick one or split the two down the middle only.
9. Allow UFA at 30 years and at least 10 years in the league. Signing teams would have to give up their own draft choices (capped at one 2nd rounder for highest level) for signing an UFA.
10. Allow RFA at 26 years and at least 6 years in the league. Awards would be up to two 1st rounders and 1 minor league player. Draft picks could be traded down. (i.e. A 3rd over all pick could be traded for a 22rd over all pick and then given to the team requiring compensation.) The original team would only have the right to match a deal if it was within 25% of their last offer.
Alert | IP ||
Printer-friendly page | Edit |
Reply With Quote | Top|